Air Fryer Steak Bites (or Steak Tips) with Potatoes
Best Air Fryer Steak Tips Recipe or Steak Bites
There’s so many reasons to love air frying steak tips. First of all, these Air Fried steak bites or steak tips are low carb, keto and paleo friendly. It’s easy to cook juicy steak tips in the air fryer is a fantastic quick and easy dinner if you add potatoes! For a low carb Air fryer steak tips version, replace the potatoes with asparagus, green beans, zucchini or mushrooms! Best of all, the clean up is minimal. Depending on how well done you like your steak bites, it won’t take long to get dinner on the table.
Watch the Video making Steak Tips & Potatoes in the Air Fryer
Easy Recipe for Air Fried Steak Tips
You’ll devour these steak tips so quick and you’ll probably make them more often. If you don’t want to add potatoes, you can add mushrooms, asparagus or what ever veggies you like. If it’s carrots or firm veggies, make sure to par-boil them a bit first so that the steak bites and veggies cook at the same time. Another option is cook the steak tips first and while they rest, cook the veggies after.
What Temperature to Air Fry Steak Tips?
- First, preheat the air fryer first and the hot temperature will give the steaks steak tips a great sear! Air Fryer temperatures will vary slightly on each model. But consistency after testing on 6 different air fryers, we like to cook the steaks at 400°F/205°C.
- Like your steak tips medium rare? The hot temperature will give you that perfect outside crust and medium rare center.
- If you like your air fryer steak bites to be medium or more cooked, no problem!
- Air fry the steak bites for a few more minutes. After cooking your first steak bites in the air fryer on your specific air fryer model, you’ll know what exact time is best for you.
- All recipe details are in the recipe box below.
Check out our popular –> Air Fryer Steak Bites with Mushrooms
Air Fryer Steak Tips
- 1/2 lb. (227 g) potatoes , cut into 1/2” pieces
- 1 lb. (454 g) steaks , cut into 1/2” pieces & patted dry
- 2 Tablespoons (30 ml) butter , melted (or oil)
- 1 teaspoon (5 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 teaspoon (2.5 ml) garlic powder
- salt , to taste
- Black pepper , to taste
- Minced parsley , garnish
- Melted butter for finishing , optional
- Chili Flakes , for finishing, optional
- If cooking potatoes, par boil the cut potatoes for about 5 minutes, or until nearly tender. Drain the potatoes.
- In bowl, combine the steak tips and potatoes. Toss together with the melted butter, Worcestershire sauce, garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- Preheat the Air Fryer at 400°F for 4 minutes. This will give the steak a good sear.
- Spread the steak and potatoes in an even layer in the air fryer basket. Air fry at 400°F for 10-18 minutes, shaking and flipping and the steak and potatoes 2 times through cooking process (time depends on your preferred doneness, thickness of the steak, and size of air fryer).
- Check the steak to see how well done it is cooked. If you want the steak more done, add an extra 2-5 minutes of cooking time.
- (optional) Garnish with parsley, optional melted butter drizzled on, and/or optional chili flakes. Season with additional salt & pepper if desired. Serve warm.
- Recipes were cooked in 3-4 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Preheating the Air Fryer is preferable, it creates a better sear on the steak. If you don’t preheat, add more time to the cooking.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss the food as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).