Air Fried Chicken Drumsticks with BBQ Sauce
Easy Air Fryer Chicken Drumsticks
Gosh, these air fried chicken drumsticks are so good. The extra bbq sauce on these air fryer chicken drumsticks makes them finger licking good! And if you use a sugar free bbq sauce you’ll eat well without all the sugar guilt! Everyone in our test kitchen was so happy with these chicken drumsticks cooked in the air fryer. In less than 30 minutes we all had a fantsatic low carb and flavorful lunch. Everyone on the team loves drumsticks so it was delicious and it’s our go-to easy meal.
What Sauce to Cook with Air Fried Chicken? Don’t Burn Your Sauce
There’s so many options out there to. You can use your favorite jarred sauce and go to town! Just make sure to not cook it the drumsticks too hot because it will burn the sauce. That’s why we start with 360F to cook the chicken drumsticks. There’s so many different thicknesses to drumsticks, so you’ll have to check to make sure they’re cooked through. There’s some drumsticks that are super HUGE and will take longer to cook. If that’s the case, cook the drumsticks first and then add the sauce for the remaining 10 minutes of air frying. That way, you don’t burn your sauce and have raw chicken in the middle. Hope you enjoy these air fried chicken drumsticks! YUM!
Video Making BBQ Chicken Legs in the Air Fryer:
Air Fryer BBQ Chicken Legs
- In bowl combine oil, bbq sauce, Worcestershire sauce, salt and pepper. Add chicken and stir to completely coat with in the marinade. Cover and marinate for about 20 minutes.
- Pre-heat air fryer at 360°F/182°C for about 4 minutes. Spray the air fryer basket with oil or use an air fryer perforated parchment sheet. Place chicken in air fryer
- Air Fry at 360°F/182°C for about 25-30 minutes, depending on the thickness of the drumsticks or thighs. Turn the chicken after cooking for 15 minutes.
- Once cooked, let the chicken cool a bit and enjoy!
- Shake or turn at least once while cooking. Don’t overcrowd the air fryer basket.
- If cooking in a non-preheated air fryer, it take longer to cook than if the Air Fryer is already pre-heated. Recipe timing is based on pre-heating the air fryer.
- Recipes were tested in 3.4 to 6 qt air fryers. If using a larger air fryer, the recipe might cook quicker so adjust cooking time.
- Remember to set a timer to shake/flip/toss as directed in recipe.
If your air fryer is preheated or if you are cooking multiple batches, you may need to reduce timing by a few minutes (unless preheating is called for in the recipe).
LOVE THIS RECIPE? FIND MORE IN OUR AIR FRYER ECOOKBOOKS HERE FOR EASY MEALS AND LOW CARB RECIPES! Cook the Recipes, Eat the Delicious Recipes and Live the Life Changing Way to Cook.
here’s some great recipes with chicken drumsticks